Meaningful Play 2008 contained over thirty-seven presentations, as well as many opportunities to connect one-on-one with conference attendees at both the conference and the many social functions that took place around the conference.
Below are links to eight presentations that were recorded at Meaningful Play 2008:
- All Play is Meaningful by Leigh Anne Cappello
- From Experiment Gameplay to the Wonderful World of Goo by Drew Davidson
- Making an Impact: Serious Issues in Non-Serious Games by Monica Evans
- The Play of Persuasion: Why "Serious" Isn't the Opposite of Fun by Nick Fortugno
- The Great White Whale of Meaningful Play by Tracy Fullerton
- Brief Musing on Responsibility & Tangential Learning by James Portnow
- Serious Gaming: Assumptions and Realities by Ute Ritterfield
- Creating Crossover Learning Products by Scott Traylor
While the video and audio quality of the online presentations are not the best, the presentations should give you a sample of the high-quality content at the conference. For details on the academic papers and panel presentations, check out the Meaningful Play 2008 Conference Proceedings.